February 18, 2012

Juxtoposition

There is nothing like painting on location, seeing the local farmer pull his daily produce to the market with his cattle, and then seeing an Audi R8 Drive by. Followed by no more contact with civilization for while.

I also got a chance to see the Milky way galaxy last night in the southern hemisphere for the first time in my life. Tried to take a picture, but there is nothing that can recreate the feeling of looking up and just feeling completely insignificant, but at the same time completely lucky to be alive. Next time you find yourself hundreds of Kilometers from the nearest source of light, No moon, and no clouds, look up.

(not my pic) It literally looked like this to my naked eye



I should be posting some drawings soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment